The NFL playoffs are finally here, but some key players might be missing out on the action.
Here’s the latest on the injury status of key players around the league ahead of this weekend’s playoff action.
Seahawks @ 49ers (4:30 p.m. Saturday, FOX)
- SEA RB Kenneth Walker II (will play) returned to practice Thursday and doesn’t have a designation listed, making him good to go for Saturday’s game.
- SEA starting safety Ryan Neal will return after missing the last three games. SEA DE Shelby Harris (knee) and SEA RB DeeJay Dallas are among four players listed as questionable.
- S.F. LB Dre Greenlaw (will play), while being listed as questionable after missing Week 18 due to a back injury, appears to be on track to play on Saturday.
- S.F. QB Jimmy Garoppolo (foot) and S.F. CB Amby Thomas (ankle) were the only 49ers players ruled out for Saturday’s game.
Chargers @ Jaguars (8:15 p.m. Saturday, NBC)
- LAC WR Mike Williams has been ruled out after suffering a back injury in the regular-season finale. In fact, Williams will be out for the foreseeable future as he suffered a fracture in his back that will keep him out for two-to-three weeks, ESPN reported. So, unless the Chargers make the Super Bowl, his season is over. Williams was originally listed as questionable for Saturday’s game on Thursday despite not practicing during the week. But Williams will stay in Los Angeles as the team heads out to Jacksonville on Friday.
- JAX QB Trevor Lawrence (questionable) was limited at practice all week with a toe injury, but he’s played through the injury since he suffered it in Week 13.
Trevor Lawrence makes playoff debut vs. Chargers
Dolphins @ Bills (1 p.m. Sunday, CBS)
- MIA QB Tua Tagovailoa (out) has already been ruled out, as he remains in concussion protocol.
- MIA QB Teddy Bridgewater (limited) is still dealing with a broken finger on his throwing hand that he suffered in Week 17, causing him to miss Week 18. McDaniel indicated that Skylar Thompson will get the start on Sunday.
- The Dolphins have 17 players listed on their injury report. OT Terron Armstead has yet to practice this week (toe/pec/knee/hip), while LB Bradley Chubb returned to practice Thursday in limited fashion.
- BUF QB Josh Allen is listed on the injury report, but has been a full participant this week, as he’s dealing with injuries to his ankle and the elbow on his throwing arm.
- BUF Safety Micah Hyde’s 21-day activation window opened on Wednesday, though Bills coach Sean McDermott said he won’t play on Sunday. In fact, Hyde won’t be activated if the Bills make the Divisional Round as McDermott said they hope to get him back for the AFC Championship Game if they make it that far. The All-Pro safety has been out since Week 2 with a neck injury.
Giants @ Vikings (4:30 p.m. Sunday, FOX)
- NYG OT Evan Neal (limited) was added to the injury report on Thursday with an ankle injury that limited him at practice.
- Every player on the Giants’ active roster has practiced this week, but four other players — including corner Adoree’ Jackson (knee) and defensive lineman Leonard Williams (neck) — were limited.
- MIN center Garrett Bradbury was a full participant at Thursday’s practice, making it likely he returns from a knee injury that cost him five games.
- MIN safety Harrison Smith (knee) was the only Vikings player limited at Thursday’s practice.
Ravens @ Bengals (8:15 p.m. Sunday, NBC)
- BAL QB Lamar Jackson didn’t practice again on Thursday and indicated that his five-game absence will extend to six games due to a knee injury.
- BAL QB Tyler Huntley threw at Thursday’s practice but was limited. The Ravens’ top backup QB missed their Week 18 game due to wrist and shoulder injuries.
- CIN WR Tee Higgins returned to practice Thursday after missing Wednesday’s practice with an illness.
Cowboys @ Buccaneers (8:15 p.m. Monday, ABC/ESPN)
- DAL OT Tyron Smith (knee) and defensive end DeMarcus Lawrence (foot) were the only two Cowboys players that were limited at practice on Thursday.
- T.B. CB Carlton Davis is “good to go” according to coach Todd Bowles after missing the last two games with a shoulder injury.
- T.B. DT Vita Vea was limited in practice on Thursday, as he’s dealt with a calf injury that forced him to miss three of the last four games.
- T.B. C Ryan Jensen could be activated from injured reserve to play on Monday after missing the entire regular season due to a knee injury, Bowles said Thursday.
Colin decides how much pressure Cowboys, Bucs, Chiefs are under to reach SB LVII
- PHI QB Jalen Hurts threw at practice on Friday after not throwing at Thursday’s practice. He missed two games before returning in Week 18 due to a right-shoulder injury. He told reporters that “it’s a good thing there’s a bye week” and didn’t dispute the idea that he might not be at 100 percent when the Eagles return to action next week.
- PHI OT Lane Johnson returned to practice on Friday for the first time since suffering a torn tendon in his abdominal area in Week 16. He’s reportedly on track to play in Divisional Round.
Top stories from FOX Sports:
Get more from National Football League Follow your favorites to get information about games, news and more